is a query language for searching tree-like
structures using an extended TGrep2
The goal of this project is to build a language which is applicable
to a broad variety of problems where the main task comprises of
searching tree-like structures.
What is the scope of this project?
- Develop enough functionality to cover common problems of searching linguistic treebanks.
- Build a tool which is adaptable to many problems with as least effort as possible.
- Design for extensibility and reuseability.
Assumptions and ground rules for the TPL project.
- We will use the Java programming language to stay platform independent.
- We will not compete with XPath/XQuery in terms of searching XML documents.
- We will try to design a tool which is easy to use and applicable to many sorts of trees.